Leadership is not a natural skill in most of us. According to research, the best leaders are the ones that have a growth mindset. A growth mindset is a belief that any skills can be developed with dedication and hard work. That being said, it is a skill that you can develop and acquire with time, patience, and practice.
VIDEO: Leadership Explained in 5 minutes by Simon Sinek:
Leaders have a lot of influences, according to researchers, leaders’. behavior can influence the mindset of others, the environment in which they are, the cohesion and efficacy of a group, and it can even influence the amount of conflict that is experienced in the group. Even if only 10% of the population are natural leaders, we will all be asked to demonstrate leadership skills at one point in our life.
The good news is that leadership can be learned, and we hope to help you with this post. The other aspect of great leadership is their ability to be involved and engaged. All the work that you will be doing with this post will allow you to experience, first hand, what it is that you need to develop your leadership skills. Be mindful of that experience, and do not hesitate to use that knowledge and experience in coaching others.
A study completed with 300,000 business leaders revealed the following top abilities:
- Strategic thinking
- Inspiring and motivating
- Critical thinking, analyzing and problem-solving abilities
- Driving results
- Communicating in a powerful and effective way
- Demonstrating transparency, integrity, and honest
- Building relationships
- Displaying technical or professional expertise
- Creating and innovating
- Developing others
All these skills can be developed and utilized in various areas of your life.
- The Power of Influence | Shawn King | TEDxDalhousieU:
- What 2 Best-Selling Researchers Say Are the 10 Biggest Truths About Leadership – Two award-winning authors reveal 10 timeless leadership principles based on 30 years of research:
- 50 Amazing Facts on Leadership:
- Strange But True Facts About Leadership That I’ve Learned:
- Leadership: Use these 16 science backed leadership skills today:
The Essential Leadership Skills to Be a Better Leader: